Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Monday, March 20, 2017

Wee Folk Baby Welcome

When my granddaughter was born 
I sent this card along to my son and 
daughter-in-law to welcome sweet Cayleigh.  
Wee Folk Mini Kit from Papertrey Ink has 
so many images that are perfect for a baby card.

I started by stamping the leaf design 
two times with New Leaf and Simply 
Chartreuse inks. The sentiment was 
stamped with Sweet Blush ink before 
adding the tulips with New Leaf and 
Aqua Mist inks. For additional details, 
I added hearts and flowers with 
Lovely Lady and Bright Buttercup inks,
then sponged the edges with 
Sweet Blush ink. The card front was 
impressed with Canvas Impression Plate.
The yellow bunny was die cut 
from one of the  pre-printed 
pages that comes with the kit, 
and then added to the card front 
using dimensional foam tape.

Inside of Card

I printed the sentiment from my computer, 
onto a piece of Linen card stock and then 
die cut it using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Rectangles. 
I cut a 5 1/2 " x 4 1/4" Stitched Rectangle from 
Lovely Lady cardstock and then cut the center 
of it with a smaller rectangle so that I could 
insert the white sentiment panel into it. 
A yellow pre-printed butterfly from the
Wee Folk Kit was added.

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

1 comment:

Kara Lynne said...

This is just so sweet, Karen! Wonderful sentiment inside too!