Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Sunday, March 5, 2017

Stinkin' Cute for Aviv's 1st Birthday

I don't have a lot of "critter" stamps, 
but I really like this "Stinkin' Cute" stamp and die set 
from Lawn Fawn for children's birthday cards. 
I've already used it for a few cards click here and here,
where I've made scenes, using flowers, sunshine and butterflies.

This variation uses Fabulous Frames die cut from 
Berry Sorbet Bitty Dot Patterned Paper. 
The background scene was created using 
Stamper's Select White card stock sponged with 
Crystal Blue ink (Close To My Heart). 
I then stamped the grass and flowers (Garden Variety) 
and butterfly (Sweet Spring).
I used a foam sheet behind the frame for dimension 
and then attached it to the card front. 
The plaid paper (Recollections: Bold Basics Paper Pad
was mounted onto a Berry Sorbet card base.

The large yellow flower was created by die cutting 
two pieces of yellow polka dot paper - 
Flower Fusion #9 and the smaller Ad Sense medallion. 
A Berry Sorbet button was added to the center 
with yellow embroidery floss. 
The sentiment (Garden Variety) was stamped 
with New Leaf and Berry Sorbet inks 
onto a Double-Ended Banner die.
Since this card was going to my grand niece who turned 
one at the end of February, I stamped sentiments from  
Big Birthday Wishes onto a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle 
white card stock and then added "1" from 
Polka Dot Parade Numbers die cut. 
The bottom of the card was accented with a Heart Border
die cut from Berry Sorbet dotted paper.


Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

No comments: