Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Monday, October 31, 2016

Twig Wreath Birthday


I have been trying to use the "ink smooshing technique" 
to create watercoloured backgrounds. 
 I find this a very difficult process, but I like the results 
on other people's card designs, so I keep on trying!! 
I used a combination of  orange, yellow, greens to make this 
background and then used it to finish a birthday card for one of my nieces.

I cut the center of the panel using the Twig Wreath Die. 
This was attached to a Rustic Cream card base. 
The sentiment (Birthday Style) was stamped with VersaMark ink 
and then heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder. 
I cut several Twig Wreath die cuts in order to stack them 
and create added dimension. 
The wreath image was stamped and heat embossed on 
one of the layers before adding it to the top of the stack.


The floral arrangement on the wreath was made by 
die cutting and stamping various images from the Twig Wreath set. 
Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay and gold embossed centers 
complete three flowers. 

The leaves and foliage were also stamped using those 
same colours along with Orange Zest, New Leaf and gold embossing. 
All of these pieces were arranged using foam adhesive tape.

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

1 comment:

Luanne said...

This is beautiful! Very inspiring.