Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Sunday, June 26, 2016

Ahoy Birthday

I've been absent from my blog, but still have so 
many cards and projects to share from the last 8 months!! 
Here's a card I made for my son's birthday last fall 
using Ahoy stamps and dies. I started by creating a mask on 
white card stock so I could sponge Spring Rain ink 
to create a circle background for the main images 
on the card front. Before removing the mask, 
I stamped the wave images using Blueberry Sky ink. 
The sailboat was die cut and then stamped with 
Pure Poppy and Kraft inks.  The die cut rope and anchor 
were stamped with Versamark and then heat embossed 
with Silver Embossing powder.

The sentiment was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink.
The birds were stamped with Close To My Heart: Grey Wool ink.
The card front was attached to a bright blue card base from my stash. 

Card Inside
An additional piece of white card stock was applied 
to the inside of the card base. The sentiment 
was stamped with black ink and the waves 
with Moonstruck Blue (Close To My Heart)  
and Spring Rain inks.

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

1 comment:

Kara Lynne said...

Welcome back, Karen! What a wonderful seascape! I love how you stamped the inside as well!