Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Monday, May 25, 2015

Papertrey Ink May 2015 Blog Hop

 
It's time again for another Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. 
When I first saw this inspiration photo I kept wondering 
how to translate square coloured blocks into a card.


I kept coming back to the idea of a rainbow quilt - 
blocks of colourful squares assembled into a "paper quilt"!
I stamped one of the quilt blocks from Quilter's Sampler 
onto Stamper's Select White card stock with 
Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I hand cut each one 
so that I could remove some of the stitching lines 
and then glued them onto graph paper. 
This allowed me to keep everything aligned.

Using a variety of copic markers, I coloured 
30 squares in a rainbow colour scheme. 
The finished quilt was mounted onto another piece 
of white card stock to create a border. 
This was mounted onto a 4" x 4 3/4" Soft Stone card base.

After all of the work involved in making the quilt, 
I didn't want to cover it up, so I stamped the main 
sentiment (Purls of Wisdom) onto a vellum banner 
using Versamark, then embossing with black EP. 
A yellow star button from my stash was accented 
with black embroidery floss and then added 
to the banner over one of the yellow quilt blocks.

Supplies (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Quilter's Sampler, Purls of Wisdom
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Papers - Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone, Vellum, graph paper
Dies - Double-ended Banner die
Other - Yellow Star button; Black embroidery floss; Canvas Impression Plate; 
copic markers; Stampendous Detail Black Embossing Powder

Thanks for visiting today. Enjoy the Blog Hop.
Karen C.

10 comments:

Darnell said...

Spectacular design, Karen, and a beautiful job of coloring!! Enjoy the hop! Hugs, Darnell

Diana K said...

Beautiful, Karen! You did an incredible job with this card.

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...I am SO impressed with all the work you put into this colorful rainbow quilt! I can totally understand why you didn't want to cover any of it up...it's just too pretty, so the vellum banner was the perfect addition! Lovely, lovely card! :0)

Ardyth said...

This is fun! I am often inspired by quilt design, too! Love the use of the vellum!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, wow, this is fabulous, Karen! I love your finished quilt!

Martha said...

Karen, this is simply beautiful!

Ohhh Snap said...

This is stunning!

Jacquie Southas said...

What a beautiful rainbow quilt!

Nancy Penir said...

Karen, this gorgeous creation knocked my socks off! Beautiful work!

victoria h said...

super pretty