Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Birthday Wishes Around the World

May is a busy month for birthdays in my family.
I've made lots of cards for nieces - 
pinks and yellow; flowers and hearts!!
But my brother's birthday is this month too, 
so I had to change gears and plan a masculine card. 
This is the result - a birthday card for my brother!!

The Comic Strip Cover Plate was cut from Rustic White card stock. Before adhering this to a Kraft card base, I cut apart the the die cut so it could be rearranged. (The original center panel is now at the top) 
To create a weathered look, I stamped Weathered Background (Stampin'Up) with Kraft ink. The top and bottom segments of the cover plate were stamped with black ink (Background Basics: Newsprint ) and more of the weathered background in Kraft ink before inserting them into the spaces.

Sentiment Panel
A sentiment (Stylish Sentiments: Birthday) was stamped 
with Tropical Teal, Limeade Ice and Hawaiian Shores. 
This was an easy technique using MISTI  
(Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented)!!
Vintage Tea Dye: Chamomile was sponged around the edges.
The globe image (Destination) was stamped with 
Memento Rich Cocoa and coloured with copic markers. 
I die cut the circle, sponged the edges with Tea Dye ink 
and then attached it to the sentiment panel.
The card was wrapped, along the fold, 
with Linen Thread (SU) and tied with a small bow.

Card Interior
A Rustic White panel was stamped with a sentiment
from Stylish Sentiments: Birthday; 
(Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice Simply Chartreuse inks) 
and then attached to the inside of the card base.

Supplies (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Background Basics: Newsprint, Destination, Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
Stampin`Up: Weathered Background Stamp
Inks - Kraft, Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice, Simply Chartreuse; Tea Dye : Chamomile; 
Memento Tuxedo Black & Rich Cocoa
Papers - Rustic White, Kraft
Dies - Comic Strip Cover Plate
Other - copic markers; SU: Linen Thread

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

2 comments:

Ohhh Snap said...

It might be a masculine card, but I love it too! Awesome colors and oh my bug I've been looking high and low for the sentiment you used and had just given up on it yesterday. Ta Da there it is!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! This is fabulous, Karen!