Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Monday, December 1, 2014

Wishing You Joy

Whenever I need some inspiration for card making, I turn to the fabulous work from Papertrey Ink design team. I'm especially drawn to the colours, patterns and layering of Melissa Phillips projects. I loved this card and was happy that I had the stamps and dies to CASE her design. I made two cards with the same details and now I wish I had made a few more!! 

Cover Plate: Harlequin was cut and the diamonds were stamped in Pure Poppy, Limeade Ice and Aqua Mist using various patterns from the co-ordinating stamps. Melissa's original card was used as a guideline to place the diamond shapes.
Fancy Flourishes were stamped with Limeade Ice.
The sentiment (Peace, Love & Joy) was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black.


Three Snowflake Medley dies were cut and stamped with matching stamps; then stamped again with Versamark so I could heat embossed them with Sparkle Embossing Powder. They were layered onto the card front and a small glitter gem was added to the center. The card front was mounted onto a Limeade Ice base.

 Card Interior
Sentiment: Holiday Wishes
Snowflakes: Shape-Up Snowman Accessories
Fancy Flourishes and snowflakes accent the sentiment.

Supplies (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Happy Harlequin, Peace, Love & Joy, Snowflake Medley, Fancy Flourishes
Inks - Pure Poppy, Limeade Ice, Aqua Mist; Versafine Onyx Black
Papers - Stamper's Select White, Limeade Ice
Dies - Cover Plate: Happy Harlequin, Snowflake Medley
Other - Recollections: Sparkle Embossing Powder; Stampendous: Gold Sparkle Dots

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Karen! Fabulous design!