Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Sunday, December 14, 2014

Making Spirits Bright

I finished all of my Christmas cards and letters and sent them out to friends and family a few days ago!! Yeah!!  
The little girl and evergreen tree in Bright Spirits (Close To My Heart) are  perfect for Christmas. I tried several designs before I settled on this one.!! 

* I made the focal panel first, but then couldn't find a matching patterned paper in my stash. I ended up making a plaid background using Waltzingmouse Stamps: Off Beat Backgrounds using Scarlet Jewel (PTI) and Garden Green (CTMH) inks.

* The focal panel was cut with a Stitched Rectangle die from Papertrey Ink. I wanted a square panel, so re-cut it to make it shorter. I've done this before and I`m pleased with the results. It definitely gives you more die cutting options!! 
* The main image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then coloured with copic markers. The stamp has the girl holding a small star and I was able to find an amber adhesive gem in my stash that was the exact size. It gives a little extra sparkle and dimension to the image!!
* The stitched square was accented with a dark cranberry embroidery floss before matting with Scarlet Jewel card stock. The green banner is actually one of the dies from Fabulous Frames - cut twice. The notched banner edge peeks out from the bottom and by using the straight edge I was able to add this section to the top. I then cut an additional piece of green paper that sits behind the main panel, so that everything lies even and flat.
* The sentiment was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black.
* I wanted to add a bit of ribbon to the top and was able to create a tag effect by using a green eyelet and then tying a small piece of dark cranberry ribbon through all the layers.

 Card Interior

 Sentiment: Holiday Wishes
Lights: Sparkle & Shine Holiday Additions
Inks: (PTI) Scarlet Jewel, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise; CTMH Garden Green

Supplies
Stamps - Close To My Heart: Bright Spirits; Waltzingmouse Stamps: Off Beat Backgrounds; 
PTI: Holiday Wishes, Sparkle and Shine Holiday Additions
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black; Versafine Onyx Black; CTMH: Garden Green; 
PTI: Scarlet Jewel, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise
Papers - PTI: Stamper`s Select White, Scarlet Jewel; Recollections: green patterned paper
Dies -  PTI: Stitched Rectangles
Other -  copic markers; From my stash: embroidery floss; amber adhesive star gem; 
cranberry ribbon
Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

No comments: