Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Friday, September 12, 2014

On My Desk: Christmas Joy

On My Desk is an ongoing series where I share projects that I've made using supplies from "leftovers" found in a box on my desk. (It stores extra die cuts, and stamped images). I've challenged myself to use these items instead of continually starting from 'scratch".  Click here to find other projects in this series.

I recently finished a Calendar project with 3 1/2" square panels for 12 monthly pages. I made two panels for the December page with the branch image from Wreath For All Seasons and the multi dot accent stamps. I didn't use these panels on my calendar project. Instead, I made 2 additional panels with the leaf wreath option from the same set and a gold embossed sentiment. (You can see the December calendar page here.)
These stamped wreaths were "extras", so I used them to make Christmas cards:
 I used Kraft Card Stock to create a 4" x 4" square card base and then added the prepared panels on top. That was the fastest card I've made in a long time!!

The wreath base was stamped with Dark Chocolate ink; then the dots were added with Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, New Leaf (PTI) and Cranberry (Close To My Heart) inks. I wrote the word Joy in the center of the wreath with an Embossing pen and then heat embossed it with Early Espresso Embossing Powder.
The little bow (Two Feet Deep) was stamped  onto a scrap of white card stock with Pure Poppy ink and Versamark and heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. I then fussy cut the bow before adding it to the wreath.


Since this card came together so quickly 
I decided to complete the inside.
The sentiment (Framed Out #8) was stamped with Dark Chocolate ink.
The frame (Framed Out #5) was stamped with Kraft and  New Leaf inks.
A bow accents the sentiment frame. A thin red line was drawn along the outer edge of the Stamper's Select White square panel.


PTI Supplies for Card Front, unless noted
Stamps - Wreath For All Seasons, Two Feet Deep (bow)
Inks - Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, New Leaf, Kraft; Versamark; 
Close To My Heart: Cranberry
Paper - Pure Poppy Gingham Patterned Paper, Stamper's Select White, Kraft
Dies - Nestabilities Classic Square (large & small)
Other - SU: Embossing Pen, Clear Embossing Powder, Early Espresso  Embossing Powder;
Red Zig marker;


Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

2 comments:

Jenelle said...

How cute and creative! I love it when it when a card just comes together and this one is fantastic.

Leigh Penner said...

So pretty! I totally want to start making Christmas cards -- I'm not usually in the mood until November or so, but seeing everyone's Christmas cards online lately has just been so inspiring..... I need to wait until Sage's birthday party is over though. LOL!