Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Birthday Card in a Box!!

Have you ever tried making a "Card in a Box"
I had fun creating one for my grand niece's 3rd birthday. 
It must have been a 'hit' because my niece 
said her girls could not stop playing with it!! 
Check out this video for instructions:  

                  
Box: Harvest Gold card stock 
Patterned papers: Echo Park: hello Summer paper pad
Banners: Heart-2-Heart #5 dies; amber adhesive stars
Balloons: Heart-2-Heart #2 dies  Stars: Star Gazer dies
Cupcake: Tiny Treats:Valentine; copic markers; circle punch
"3": Modern Alphabet Numbers die; Dark Chocolate card stock
                

I mounted the balloons and star bursts onto narrow strips of 
clear acetate. They look like they're floating out of the box!!

I was in a rush to send this card and forgot to ask my husband 
to take a picture of the back. I added another panel of card stock 
so that I could stamp a sentiment and sign the 'card'.

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

4 comments:

Kara said...

s cute! so fun!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun!

carol (krillsister) said...

Wow! this is adorable. I will try to remember this for my granddaughters'birthdays.

craftmates said...

This is so fabulous! I'm sure she loved it.