Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Friday, June 20, 2014

A Birthday Hi!!

 I needed a birthday card for my grand nephew who will be celebrating his 5th birthday this month. I don't have many stamp images to use on "little boy" cards, but an older Stampin' Up set, along with some Papertrey Ink 'extras' provided some inspiration:

PTI supplies, unless noted.  
Truck,Trees & Sentiment:  
Loads of Love & Loads of Love Accessories (SU); copic markers;
Stampers's Select White card stock; Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa inks
Sun: Heart-2-Heart #6 die, Summer Sunrise ink
Background: The "sky" was stippled with Crystal Blue ink (Close To My Heart);
the "grass" with New Leaf ink. Green and blue markers were used to create faux stitching. The road way uses journalling lines from School Time along with copic markers.
Card Base: Light Blue card stock (Recollections) was stamped with Crystal Blue (CTMH) with Background Basics: Woodgrain.

The truck, little people, dogs and gift packages were 
coloured with copic markers, fussy cut, then layered, 
before being mounted onto the card front with foam dots.


Inside
Sentiment: Heart-2-Heart #2; Dark Chocolate ink
Balloons: Heart-2-Heart #2; 
Kraft, New Leaf, Pure Poppy, Blueberry Sky, Harvest Gold, Orange inks
Basket: Heart-2-Heart #1 (I used the coffee cup cozy!!)

 Envelope
Stamps - Polka Dot Parade Alphabet: Upper Case; Heart-2-Heart #2; Postmarks
Inks - Blueberry Sky, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, Dark Chocolate
When I was stamping the postage stamp with a Dark Chocolate cube, 
I dropped it onto the envelope. I didn't want to re-do the envelope, so 
I took the cube and lightly stamped it over the whole envie!! Problem solved!!

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous, Karen! In in awe of all the details you included!