Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Sunday, February 9, 2014

Papertrey Ink: Celebrating Birthdays

It's Day 5 of Papertrey Ink's Anniversary Celebrations 
(details here) and today we were challenged to make a 
"birthday card" to celebrate their 7th year of stamping fun!!

I've been working on various challenges and 
papers and inks were scattered on my desk, so I took 
my inspiration from some of my favourite PTI products. 

Stamper's Select White card stock was stamped with
Movers and Shakers Sentiments in True Black ink. 

Stitching Impression Plate  was a great choice to create a 
'fabric background' - I love adding texture to my cards

I then cut seven"buttons" from coaster board 
using the  Button Up #2 die collection.
The 'buttons' were stamped with Papertrey Ink colours:
Berry Sorbet, Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, 
Simply Chartreuse, Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores using  
a polka dot button stamp. (Button Boutique) The buttons 
were tied with white embroidery floss, then glued onto 
the card under the sentiment.

The stamp showing the # of years (7) is visible in the 
top corner. It was stamped with Hibiscus Burst Ink and 
the card was mounted onto a Hibiscus Burst card base.
 
This could be classified as 'clean and simple' - not usually my 
style, so I keep debating if it needs something else added. But I 
will have to leave it for now - time to get it posted for the challenge!!

Thanks for looking today.
Karen C.

No comments: