Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Thursday, December 19, 2013

Two Feet Deep - Three Ways

     Wow ... I had lots of fun making these cards using Two Feet Deep and a design by Betsy Veldman. (created for Papertrey Ink here). 
     Originally, I had planned on making 6 cards -  2 each using the three main images (skiis, sled, snowshoes) in this set. I created the card bases and card fronts first and then as I started to assemble everything I realized that the snowshoes and the sled wouldn't work with the vertical orientation. So, I cut 4 more sets of skiis and made 6 ski cards. I then experimented with a horizontal layout so I could use the prepared sleds and snowshoes. In the end I added 10 cards to my Christmas card stash!!

Two Feet Deep - Skiis
 I copied Betsy's card, using the same colours and stamps. This is one of my all time favourite cards!! There are lots of skiiers in my family that will be receiving this card for Christmas.

Inside: 
A small rectangle of Rustic White card stock was stamped with a sentiment from Holiday Wishes and the small pine swag and bow from Two Feet Deep.


Two Feet Deep - Sleds

Two Feet Deep - Snowshoes

Inside: A sentiment and snowflake from Two Feet Deep were added to a small panel on the inside of the horizontal cards.

Card Details (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Two Feet Deep, Autumn Pattern Pieces, Peaceful Pinecones, 
             Harvest Berries, Holiday Wishes
Inks - Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, Vintage Tea Dye Duo;   
        Close to My Heart: Twilight;  Memento Tuxedo Black;
Papers - Rustic White, Kraft, Pure Poppy
Dies - Two Feet Deep, Tiny Tags
Other Supplies - Cream Baker's Twine;3D Foam Adhesive Dots

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous cards, Karen! Your recipients are going to be blown away getting these in the mail!