Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Monday, August 26, 2013

SAF: #3: Rolled Dough Designs

 Rolled-dough-designs

This challenge involved using a unique product called 'paper clay' that air dries after being rolled out into a flat sheet. Several different techniques for using this product were highlighted in these videos on Nichole Heady's blog.
I used a combination of techniques for my projects. Erin Lincoln showed us how to use re-inkers to custom colour the white clay and Danielle Flanders used her clay to die cut buttons - so sweet!!

I knew that I wanted to make flowers with the dried sheets, so I coloured 3 small pieces of the clay with the re-inkers. I only have a few, so I used:
1. Simply Chartreuse (it actually looked more like Limeade Ice)
2. Harvest Gold (good match)
3. Harvest Gold combined with Pure Poppy (fairly close to Berry Sorbet)

I let the clay dry for 36 hours ( I made them on Friday night and didn't use them until Sunday afternoon), and didn't have any problems die cutting the shapes I wanted to use on my project - several flowers, leaves and a little heart accent (seen on the card below).

My Card:

I used one of the card sketches from the earlier "Bake and Take" 
Challenge and it made this card go together very quickly.
SAF2013-Sketch-1

Card Details (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Sweet Baby
Inks - Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet
Paper - Stamper's Select White, Sweet Blush Patterned Paper Pack
Dies - Doily Details Die Collection, Flower Fusion #3 , Flip Flop Dies, 
Heart-2Heart #7 dies, Lovely Layers die
Other - 3D Foam Dots; pink adhesive pearls; sewing machine

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

No comments: