Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Thursday, July 18, 2013

Baby Girl Shower Gifts

     My nephew and his girlfriend are expecting their first baby in late August. While they were visiting in early July we had a family gathering/baby shower for them. I had lots of fun making a card, tags and a baby banner with my stamps and paper. I also made a fabric bag to hold one of the gifts, but it will make a perfect little tote bag for the new mama as well!!

Banner
The largest gift really needed something extra special, so I made a 'baby girl' banner with pinks and light purple card stock. I purchased little fabric butterflies from the Dollar Store and used them at each of the corners. I also left extra ribbon  at each end so it could be used in the baby's room as a decoration.
This was the first banner I've ever made, so I experimented with various techniques!! It has lots of dry embossing, stamping and die cuts, but unfortunately you can't see that clearly in the above picture. I used Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Circles and Modern Alphabet Lower Case dies (Papertrey Ink), layered on top of Spellbinders Nested Pennants. The daisies were cut with a EK Success Border Punch.

Card  
I stamped the card front with Background Basics: Tin Types using Lemon 
Tart ink, then embossed the card front (Stamper's Select White -PTI) with an embossing folder (Elegant Bouquet - Stampin' Up) to create some interest.
Each of the flowers and leaves were coloured with copic markers, before adding the sentiment (Hanging Out - PTI) and the focal panel. (C.C.Designs Itzie Inkies Flower Power). Some green patterned paper (from my stash) and 4 mini pearls were added to the main panel. I used the end of a ticket (Just the Ticket Border Die) to stamp the word ADORABLE from Tiny Tags II and then attached it behind the top of the focal panel.


The envelope was also decorated with 'BABY'  (Polka Dot Alphabet - Close To My Heart) and 'For your ... Girl' ( Baby Words: Stampendous) and the butterfly from Sweet Spring (PTI).

Butterfly Tag
I cut Tag Sale #4 die with Soft Moss card stock and then stamped  'sweet baby GIRL' (Sweet Spring & Sweet Baby) three times around the outer edge with Winter Wisteria ink. Three daisies were added to the top and accented with Dot Sparkles. The butterfly (Butterfly Dreams) was cut twice - one pink card stock and one vellum. The vellum  was stamped with Hibiscus Burst ink and then attached along the `body`to create a dimensional look.
C

Fabric Bag & & Tag
I had this precious fabric in my stash and it was perfect for a gift bag. I love all the images (butterflies, frogs, castles, hearts, princes and princess) and words included on the fabric. Bright pink fabric was used for the handles and the trim around the upper band. 


I added a big yellow button to the front of the bag - 
it was the perfect place to attach this gift tag:

 I made this gift tag for one of the Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-Faire 2012 challenges: Homemade Embellishments. You can see the original post with details  here.

The complete baby shower set/gifts were a real hit with everyone. Now we`re all anxiously awaiting the arrival of another little sweet baby girl in our family!!

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

1 comment:

craftmates said...

Oh how sweet! Everything looks adorable. I;m sure they loved it. - Irma