Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Saturday, June 15, 2013

Balloon Trevor x 2

    One of my grand nephews turned 4 in early June, so I set out to make 
a card that would be easy to mail. I have another grand nephew who 
will be three in August, so I decided to make a second card with the same details. I like the idea that I have a head start on a late summer birthday!!

* I started by stamping Balloon Trevor (C. C. Designs), colouring with copic 
     markers and then fussy cutting. Trevor's shirt was also stamped onto
     patterned paper and fussy cut so I could paper piece it. 
* The balloon portion was stamped 3 more times, coloured with a variety 
     of copic markers (greens, blues, reds, yellows) and fussy cut.
* Before positioning the balloons and Trevor, I embossed the Kraft card 
    front with the Wood grain Impression Plate. The sentiment (Say It In Style -
      Close To My Heart) and suffix (th) were also stamped onto the card front, 
    then a Pure Poppy number die cut was added. 

* The picket fence was cut from polka dot paper; the grass border die 
     (My Favorite Things) was cut, then added to the bottom of the card. 
     Small brass adhesive pearls accent each of the pickets on the fence.

* A rectangle of Rustic White card stock was added to the inside of the 
    card and then stamped with several sentiments. (Stylish Sentiments: Birthday;
      Mega Mixed Messages; Fillable Frames #7) using Pure Poppy, Blueberry Sky 
    and Rich Cocoa inks. The stitching line (Sew Simple Borders) around 
    the edge was added with blue ink.


Happy Birthday - Take 2!!

* I used patterned paper for one of the balloons. The dark chocolate polka
    dot paper was stamped with Background Basics: Woodgrain before cutting
    the picket fence.
A green copic marker was used on the grass to add some texture border.

The inside uses stamps and dies from Heart-2-Heart #5.

Card Details (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Balloon Trevor (C.C. Designs);  Say It In Style (Close To My Heart) ; 
Background Basics: Woodgrain, Sylish Sentiments: Birthdays, Mega Mixed Messages, 
Fillable Frames #7, Sew Simple Borders, Heart-2-Heart #5hakers;
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa; Pure Poppy, Blueberry Sky, New Leaf, Harvest Gold, Kraft
Papers - Classic Kraft, Rustic White, Pure Poppy;   Patterned Papers (Recollections)
Dies - Picket Fence,  Block Numbers; Grass Border die (My Favorite Things)
Other - copic markers; brass adhesives; 3-D foam dots

No comments: