Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Sunday, May 19, 2013

40th Anniversary Tags

     I love making tags to decorate gifts for family members, so I made a set of three tags to add to gifts for my brother and sister-in-law's 40th wedding anniversary. The traditional gift for the 40th is Ruby, so I used that as part of the colour scheme.

     All the tags were die cut with Papertrey Ink's Tag Sale #5 and then embossed with the Canvas Impression Plate. Ruby satin ribbon was added to each tag.

I attached one tag to a bottle of wine with a co-ordinating image 
from Stampin'Up (Cheers to You) and sentiments from Papertry Ink 
(Movers & Shakers Sentiments,   Mini Scrapbooking Series: Journaling Circles) 
The Number Time Trio dies were used to cut "40" from Scarlet Jewel card stock.


The next tag uses Rosie Posie and Rosie Posie Step 2 stamps sets. 
It's  a perfect complement to the gift bag that has ribbon flowers. 
The sentiment  is from Tag- Its #5.

The tag was stamped with a combination of Pure Poppy and Scarlet Jewel 
inks (flowers) and Soft Moss and Simply Chartreuse (leaves). I just got the Rosie Posie sets in my last order and I will be having lots of fun with them!!

I used the hexagon image from Rosie Posie 
and variety of sentiments to create a third tag. 
It's attached to a crystal bowl, filled with red & white candies.
 (PTI supplies, unless noted)
Hexagons - Rosie Posie; Harvest Gold, Scarlet Jewel, Ripe Avocado inks.
Sentiments - Friendship Jar, Just For You; Say It in Style (Close to My Heart)
 "40" - Number Time Trio die; Scarlett Jewel ink

 I have linked this set of tags to the 
 Gift Tag Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

4 comments:

@JoyceCasaldi said...

What a great gift! Lovely.,

Anonymous said...

I love the first one with the glasses - but they are all great. Thanks for sharing.

Leigh Penner said...

Great tags, Karen!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Tag Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)