Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Birds and Gift Wraps

Two of my grand nieces live in New Zealand, so their packages were finished and sent by the end of November. I made each of them a fabric pouch with a handmade tag and bracelet. You can see that post here. In order to send them I made little boxes with patterned card stock (Stampin'Up). The red ribbon was added and then a felt flower accent was made with Pure Poppy felt (Papertrey Ink) and white felt. Two sizes of flowers were cut from Beautiful Blooms II dies. A green layer of leaves was cut from one of the Lovely Layers dies. Tiny Tags dies and stamps were used to create the small tag.


Mattie loves owls, so that was my inspiration for choosing 
the patterned paper. When I saw this pattern for an 
ornament, I made a felt owl for the family`s Christmas tree.

Kraft, Pure Poppy & Vintage Cream felt; Ric Rac Border die (Papertrey Ink);  
orange and brown felt; embroidery floss; amber rhinestones (from my stash)


This is the package I made for Polly. It also contains a 
fabric pouch, tag and bracelet. The patterned paper is 
accented with a large satin cranberry bow and a tiny tag.

I made another felt ornament ... this time I used a 
combination of patterns to create the red and white bird.
Pure Poppy & Vintage Cream felt (Papertrey Ink);  
embroidery floss; white button (from my stash)


Thanks for visiting today!
Karen C.

3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

What adorable felt ornaments you made, Karen! I love them!

carol (krillsister) said...

Those ornaments are adorable. The owl is sooo cute. Love the idea of using the lovely layer die as a leaf for those blooms.

craftmates said...

Wonderfull ornaments and packaging. I'm sure they love them.- Irma