Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Monday, September 24, 2012

Inspired by SAF: Homemade Embellishments

 Papertrey Ink held a "Stamp-a-Faire Summer Camp" event on July 21st, 
highlighting many techniques, videos and tutorials and encouraging 
crafters to enter cards and projects for each of the challenges. Even 
though I had planned to participate, I just didn't get anything finished 
in time for  the challenge deadlines!! I have been highlighting lots
of projects this week - all inspired by the Stamp-a-Faire videos and 
techniques. Thanks for joining me as I shared these projects with you.

Many of the Papertrey Ink design team members contributed to the Homemade Embellishments Challenge.  Heather Nichols created fun little felt badges that could be used on cards, tags and scrapbook layouts and this video inspired me to dig into my felt and embroidery floss stash. I chose red and green felt and Fine Linen Bitty Dot Pattern papers to create 6 badges that could be used in a Christmas album or on Christmas tags. You can see how I used them for my Homemade Gingerbread Mini Album here.



One & Two


Three & Four 


Five & Six

Supplies: (PTI, unless noted)
Sentiment Stamps - Little Bitty Bird, Everyday Treats, Friendship Jar: Holiday Fillers; 
Tiny Tags & Tiny Tags II
Inks - Kraft and Chocolate inks; 
Paper -  Fine Linen Pattern Pack; Harvest Gold
Dies - Large star - Tiny Tags die;   Medium Star - Boy Basics: Out of this World;  
Small Star punch;   House - Little Bitty Bird Additions;  Heart - Heart Prints Die Collection; 
Other - Green, Red felt from my stash; red rhinestones, mini pearls;  ivory embroidery floss

Once I finished these, I decided to try my hand at badges that could be used for baby tags/gifts. I used stamps and dies from Hanging Out to create the focal point for each of the badges and then finished up by making them into gift tags.

Baby Girl
Badge: Hibiscus Burst Felt; pink embroidery floss; jeweled butterfly; 
Hanging Out die cut dress; Tiny Tags II (sentiment).
Tag: Tag Sale #1; Blush & Hibiscus Burst card stock; Just for You (vine) with Simply Chartreuse; Hanging Out (sentiment) with Hibiscus Burst


Baby Boy
Badge: Blue felt; yellow card stock; light blue embroidery floss; mini pearls
Tag: Tag Sale #4; yellow and blue card stock from my stash;
Hanging Out (sentiment)


This is my last project  from the SAF challenges.
Additional Stamp-A-Faire project posts can be viewed  here

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

2 comments:

Anne B said...

Cute cute badges, Karen. What a great idea and love the variety of badges you made. I need to make a couple of baby cards soon, so thanks for the inspiration :)

StephH said...

These little tags are so stinkin' adorable! What an awesome idea to keep some of these on hand for gift tags!