Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Friday, August 31, 2012

Hanging Out (for Emily)

One of my nieces gave birth to her second child in August - a sweet little girl named Emily Charlotte. One of my favourite baby cards to make uses Papertrey Ink's set called Hanging Out. I've made several versions of this card - blue for boys, pink for girls. (You can view the other cards here. 

Sometimes I have used patterned paper for the mat layer, but this time I kept it very simple with a plain pink card stock. The larger white mat layer has been impressed with the Simple Stripes Impression Plate for a little bit of texture.


This card was included in a gift for Emily, so I addressed the card to her!!
I created a complementary scene for the envelope, but this time I used her name in punched circles and attached them to the clothesline. The sunshine stamp is from Back Pocket Basics and the sentiment and butterflies (Sweet Spring) add some colour and whimsy to this envelope:


Card Details: (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Hanging Out, Tiny Treats:Valentine, Garden Variety, Sweet Spring; 
Background Bitty Blocks, Back Pocket Basics; SU: Rough Type
Inks -  Spring Moss, Hibiscus Burst, Harvest Gold, Winter Wisteria, Kraft,; 
Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa; CTMH: Crystal Blue
Paper - Stamper's Select White, Hibiscus Burst
Dies - Hanging Out die collection; Clouds;
Other Supplies - Simple Stripes Impression Plate; Copic markers;  5/8" circle punch; 
CTMH Bitty Opaques Adhesive Pearls

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.


1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet with the darling girl clothes on the line and the little puppy! Too cute! And I love the stamped envelope-- what a work of art!