Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Saturday, May 5, 2012

Watering Can Card

I've finally had a chance to play with Sewing Box Hugs (Waltzingmouse Stamps.) When looking for inspiration, I found this free template  for a Watering Can card on the WMS site and decided to give it a try!!  There was lots of stamping and fussy cutting for the flowers and leaves and tracing and cutting of the watering can.

The flowers were stamped onto a variety of designer papers (see supplies list below) and some plain yellow and pink paper scraps that I stamped with one of the squares from Papertrey Ink's Bitty Background Basics. I love that I can create coordinating papers from ink, stamps and paper from my stash.

The watering can was hand cut from Aqua Mist card stock and then impressed with the Vineyard Impression Plate. (I  left the end of the spout flat, as the watering can template was wider than the impression plate - I actually like the way it turned out!)
I used a marker to outline the bottom of the spout to give it some definition.
Chamomile and Chai inks were swiped across the paper and around the edges to add a vintage feel to the watering can.


I used another piece of designer paper to die cut the butterfly and then added faux stitching with a black marker. Little black pearls create the butterfly's body.

The Angled Rectangle Die Collection (Label Basics) was used to make the sentiment panel - one from Aqua Mist and the other from white card stock that was liberally swiped with more of the Tea Dye Duo inks. Little metallic pearls were attached on either end to resemble rivets that hold the label onto the watering can.
The inside of the card uses a sentiment from Sending You (Papertrey Ink) and then a few little circles from Sewing Box Hugs that were stamped from the designer papers, fussy cut and then glued to the card. (After I finished the card, I got some ink on my finger which ended up on the card interior. My fix: little circles, randomly scattered around the sentiment!!)


Card Details:
Stamps -  Waltzingmouse Stamps: Sewing Box Hugs;   Papertrey Ink: Sending You, Bitty Background Basics
Inks - PTI Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo; Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers - PTI Aqua Mist, Stamper's Select White;   Basic Grey: Sweet Threads;   Sassafras: Count Me In; yellow & pink from stash.
Other Supplies - PTI Vineyard Impression Plate,  Label Basics- Angled Label Dies;  
Stampin'Up "Beautiful Wings" Embosslits;   markers; metallic pearls.

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

3 comments:

cards by cara said...

Great use of the impression plate. And what a fun shaped card!!

Lorraine said...

Oh this is so cool, Karen! Love the watercan shaped card and the beautiful flowers!

Anonymous said...

The water can is soo cute! I loveee the butterfly so much ♥