Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Saturday, February 11, 2012

Love is in the Air

I finally got a chance to participate in some of the festivities at Papertrey Ink's 5th Anniversary Celebrations. Today Nichole Heady introduced some wonderful new stamps and dies for February. One of my favourites is the Hearts-2-Hearts #1 set by Melissa Bickford. I can hardly wait to see the final reveal. 

Meanwhile, I've set my sights on making a few cards for Valentine's Day with some of the stamp sets I already have. Today's challenge at Papertrey Ink was to make a card using Hearts!!   I used a variety of stamps and dies for this:

Fly Away stamps and dies, Postmarks and Love Lives Here, along with the Sunshine Impression Plate were used to create a fairly simply and clean card.  The little heart stamp was centered in the middle of each of the sunshine circles. I coloured the airplane with copic markers and added a little pearl to the tail. I tied a little piece of Pure Poppy Baker's Twine to the sentiment banner and attached it to the end of the airplane. Foam adhesives were used to raise the sentiment banner and the airplane on the card front.

The inside of the card uses the house and sentiment from Love Lives Here, with Pure Poppy and Chocolate inks.

Thanks for Visiting today.
Karen C.

4 comments:

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Too cute. I also used the fly away with hearts for this challenge. Love this image in RED.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

I like the pearl and the way you tied on the banner - so sweet!

Chris said...

Ah! Love this! So sweet!

Anne B said...

Love your little plane - too cute :)