Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Through the Trees Birthday

I love combining PTI's Through the Trees stamp set and the Woodgrain Impression Plate for masculine cards. I made this one for my husband's birthday.


I started by stamping the tree trunk and leaves onto Kraft cardstock.  The Woodgrain Impression Plate was used on the Kraft panel as well as the Confetti White card base. Some of the Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo was sponged around the edges of the card base. The sentiment was stamped onto a strip and added to the bottom of the front panel with brown buttons and Rustic Jute twine. The two little birds were stamped and fussy cut and  glued to the front of the card.


On the inside of the card I stamped the small tree from the set, using green ink. I then used a thin brown marker and coloured over the trunk and branches to create some contrast. The sentiment is from my favourite set Big Birthday Wishes.

Card Details:
Stamps:   PTI  Through the Trees; Big Birthday Wishes
Inks:   Memento Cottage Ivy, Rich Cocoa;  CTMH Cranberry; PTI Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo
Papers:  SU Confetti White; Recollections Kraft
Dies:   PTI Double-ended Banner die
Other Supplies:  Favorite Findings Brown Button; PTI Rustic Jute; PTI Wood Impression Plate 

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Happy birthday to your husband. I'm sure he'll love this fabulous card.

carol (krillsister) said...

Great masculine card. The birds are a great accent.

Terri said...

Oh my gosh! I just about fell off my chair when I saw this card. It is so gorgeous and such a clean and simple design. Your use of the woodgrain embossing is just perfect with the stamped images. I love this card and I'm so happy I found your blog through the forum. I just joined it, and I'm sure happy I did!

Suzie said...

What a beautiful card! Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Lorraine said...

Perfect male card, Karen! The woodgrain impression looks awesome! I've got to remember to use mine, lol.