Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Saturday, November 5, 2011

Leftovers

I hate throwing any of my leftover papers out and seem to be collecting lots of little pieces of card stock and accents that I can't bear to get rid of.  Here's a little (3 3/4" x 2 3/4") card that could be used for a gift enclosure or a gift card holder. 


Pure Poppy card stock was embossed with a SU embossing folder called Petals a Plenty and then attached to a white card stock base. The circle image from Papertrey Ink's Holiday Tags 2010 was stamped twice - once with Close to My Heart Cranberry Ink and once with Memento Cottage Ivy (green). The center of the red tag was punched out using a 7/8" punch so that the green sentiment and holly image could show through. Three red rhinstones created the sparkly holly berries. 

Inside the card I stamped two sentiments from Amy R. Stamps: Winter Greetings.

What do you do with all of your leftover papers and accessories?

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

2 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

I too hate trowing out little pieces. Have lots of folders with scraps as proof. Your gift enclosure is cute. The embossing folder really goes nice with the Christmas theme.

Lorraine said...

I love the embossing pattern - it really makes the card so festive! Also love thta you used scraps - something I have too much of and all over, lol.