Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Sunday, August 21, 2011

Iconic Images Challenge

I know a lot of paper crafters and stampers will say the same thing --- 
"I have many uninked stamp sets sitting on my desk, patiently waiting to be used."  

I received my latest Papertrey Ink order at the beginning of August and it's taken me several weeks just to get them in the cases. I finally finished putting a few sets away yesterday, but I need to actually use them before I  get my next box of goodies!! I did manage to finish this card earlier in the week using the new Daydreamer set and the Vineyard Impression Plate and Leafy Vine border die, but I wanted to accomplish more. 

I usually make cards for a specific person or occasion, but I'm 'caught up' for the month of August. So ... I decided to make some cards for my stash  - I challenged myself to use the new Iconic Images stamp set and some patterned paper that I have been hoarding.  I wanted to see if I could make at least three cards using the same papers and colour scheme.  Here's the result:

All three cards share these features:
Patterned paper: Basic Grey - Sweet Threads 
(used as my colour inspiration)
Stampin'Up Confetti White card stock
Stampin'Up Certainly  card stock
Brown card stock pieces from my scrap box
Memento Chocolate ink
Close to My Heart inks:  Sweet Leaf, Blush   

Here's each card with its' unique features:  
 (PTI products were used unless otherwise noted)

#1: Iconic Images: Pitcher with Flowers
Inside :


Additional Details:  Iconic Images - Sentiment;   Sending You die and frame stamp;
Fillable Frames die and stamp - inside sentiment panel:  Signature Series: Dressform - inside sentiment;  Canvas Impression Plate on main card front panels;  Sewing machine stitching on the main card front panel, matted image and scalloped panel;  EK Success Dotted Scallop border punch;  Brown button with brown embroidery floss;
Corner rounder;  Chocolate ink sponged on edges of confetti white card stock.


#2: Iconic Images: Silhouette

Inside

Additional Details:  Big Birthday Wishes - Sentiment;  Text Style stamp set;
Signature Series: Dressform - inside sentiment;  Postmarks - inside images;
Vintage Tea Dye Duo;  Tin Type Impression Plate;  Leafy Vine Border Die;
Doily Details die;  Limitless Layers 1 3/4" circle collection;  1 3/4" punch;
pink card stock from my scrap box;  EK Success Decorative corner punch;
Pink mini pearls (Kaisercraft.


#3: Iconic Images: Bird & a Small Medallion Image
By the time I started this card I only had a few strips left from the original 8" x 8" piece of patterned paper. In order to stretch it to finish the card, the three little strips have been pieced together with all of the seams hidden by the Spiral Notebook die!!
 Inside:

Additional Details:  Think Big Favorites #3 (I selectively inked 'hello' from the stamp)
Postmarks - 'Just Because' circle sentiment;  Library Card stamp;  Spiral Notebook die;
Turning a New Leaf die;  Turning a New Leaf Stamp set;  Sending You - inside sentiment; Polka Dot Basics - inside pink 'dots';  Woodgrain Impression Plate;  EK Success 7/8" & 1" circle punches;   foam dimensionals;   Pink pearls (Kaisercraft).



Whew!!   Mission accomplished!!
1 new stamp set has been thoroughly inked, 
1 piece of patterned paper - completely used,
scraps from my stash - used
other stamp sets, dies and impression plates - used
AND
3 cards for my stash

Now, it's time to head back into my crafty space and find the next stamp set that needs to see some ink!!  Have a great week!!

Thanks for visiting.
Karen C.

15 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty, Karen! I love how the insides coordiinate with the fronts!

Stephanie said...

Karen.........All three of these are just absolutely gorgeous!!! It would easily take me 3 days, too......with all of that detail. Your color choices are beautiful! I love each and every one of them!

Gina said...

I love the detail on the insides of the cards just as much as the outside. I really love how you used the silhouette from Iconic Images and then used the Postmarks coordinating stamp in the inside. Fabulous cards, Karen!!!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful cards. I love the pattern paper you used. The details on the inside of your cards are awesome.

deb said...

Absolutely beautiful cards and so nicely finished on the inside, too! Thanks for sharing them!

Joyce said...

Beautiful. You achieved everything you wanted. I love how the inside matches the outside. And, I am a super slow crafter, as well (and it's not because I'm a perfectionist!!)

euna said...

Beautiful cards! Loving the patterned papers and the wee pearls (especially where you used it to turn them into a necklace! Very cute!).

Jill said...

Karen, these are awesome! Such lovely design, colors, and details! The first is my favorite, so much so that I am going to case that baby, maybe even as soon as tonight! :-D I know how much work you put into these, and they look so polished and well-done, great job!

Camilla said...

They are really beautiful. My favorit is the one with the bird. I like the background you set for that card.

Unknown said...

These must be the 3 cards that took you so long to make. They may have taken you some time...but it paid off. These are great.

DF said...

Gorgeous cards! Time well spent for such nice results!

Danielle said...

I love each one of these cards! I too have been trying to get better with actually putting my stamps to use! I got so many great ideas from these, thanks for the inspiration!

Angy said...

Gorgeous! What a great way to challenge yourself. I have been challenging myself to use patterned paper but I think I will try this one next - patterned paper and a stamp set - and at least 3-5 cards to add to my stash! Thanks for the idea and love your cards.

Lorraine said...

Your cards are gorgeous, Karen! Love the designs, muted colors and the stamps! I have yet to ink up this set, lol. Oh and am soooo envious of you - I am way behind on cards, lol.

Michelle said...

Oh Miss Karen....I was not a fan of this set. I still have it unopened. But I love what you have done with it. All your vintage touches with the color palettes and inking and even the sewing...just lovely.