Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Sunday, June 5, 2011

Botanical Silhouettes Sympathy Card

I always have difficulty making a simple, clean, one layer card but the new Papertrey Ink's 2010 Anniversary set makes that just a little bit easier.

Several weeks ago, the PTI Make it Monday video challenged us to make a sympathy card using some colourful papers and/or images. I actually started this card for the challenge, but didn't finish it until this week. It seemed like something was 'missing' so I just set it aside. Even though it's too late for the challenge, here's my sympathy card! (Inspiration from  Nichole Heady's blog.)

Firstly, the stems were stamped with Sweet Leaf ink, then little 'splotches' from Grunge Me were added, and finally the poppies. I didn't like the colour of the ink I had used (too pinky) so I took a red Marvy LePlume marker and 'touched' them up a little to give them a stronger colour.

Gold metallic gel pen dots were added to the centers.  The sentiment and little bird were embossed with gold embossing powder. I also added little metallic adhesives to the top left corner to 'fill in' this space.

I just received the Sunshine Impression plate in my last order and
I decided to try it on this card - not sure if I like it for this card! 
Hmmm.... what do you think?

Thanks for visiting.
Karen C. 

Card Details:
Stamps: Botanical Silhouettes, Grunge Me (bird & 'splotches)
Inks: Close to My Heart Buttercup, Sweet Leaf, Hollyhock; Versamark
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White
Other Supplies: PTI Sunshine Impression Plate; Gold Metallic Gel Roller; Gold Detail Embossing Powder; Mark Richards Gold Metal Adhesives; Marvy Le Plume markers

6 comments:

Kara said...

this is so pretty! i love the splotches with the poppies..looks like pollen! I didn't realize grunge me had a little hummingbird...might have to have it!

Lorraine said...

Karen, this is pretty! I love the design and all the added little details - the dots, splotches and the little gold bird. So beautiful!

Jen Adcock said...

Ahhh. So pretty and so full of care and concern. I just love your gentle touch and attention to detail. The humminbird is so sweet and seems especially apt. The Sunshine IP also adds such gorgeous texture to boot.

Sara Mac said...

Karen this is very lovely. I like that you added the bird and gold pen dots. Great job!

Kristin said...

now that is a pretty card!!

Jill said...

Firstly, the Sunshine impression plate is ALWAYS good! It's my favorite by far and I think it adds to everything it's used on. Secondly, using the Grunge Me splotches? Genius! Seriously. And I love the gold embossing for the sentiment and bird!