Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Sunday, March 6, 2011

Make It Monday #4: Creating with Fun Foam

     I have been away on holidays for the last few weeks and  have been trying to visit various blogs for inspiration.  
   I found this challenge:  Papertry Ink's Make It Monday Challenge from Monday Feb. 28th.  I'm a little late, but I decided to give it a try!!


     I started by cutting fun foam into 3 little squares from PTI's Take Three die and then using the Linen Impression plate to add some texture. It reminds me of a denim fabric!
     I then attached one of foam pieces to an acrylic block and stamped it three times onto a Kraft card stock base. I added 3 beige Prima flowers to the stamped squares - each of them have a coloured brad in the center - red, orange and yellow. The knotted orange ribbon was added just below the stamped panel.  Happy Birthday was stamped in the bottom right hand corner.


The ribbon was wrapped around to the inside of the 
card, so I covered the seam with another stamped 
square and added a stamped flower from Just For You.


The inside of the card was stamped with a 
sentiment from the Big Birthday Wishes. 



Card Details: 
Stamps: PTI Big Birthday Wishes, Just for You
Inks: Close to My Heart Moonstruck
Papers: Reollection Kraft
Other Supplies: PTI Take Three die; fun foam; Prima flowers; coloured brads; orange ribbon; 

Thanks for visiting - Have a great week.

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Karen........I love your Fun Foam stamp! You are right. It does look like denim!!! Very beautiful card!

Mad for Paper said...

this s great. I didn't know you could emboss the foam. looks fantastic.
TFS
Ang

Chris said...

Oh my! Think of all the background stamps you could make!!! You are so clever!

Trees said...

That is such a CLEVER idea! I'm going to have to try that out... the possibilities are endless. Thanks for the inspirations, you are so creative!

Jill said...

Karen, this is awesome! I love, love, love that "denim-y" look you got using the linen impression plate on the fun foam! I tried to emboss my fun foam and it just popped out smooth again! What's your secret? Love your colors on the card too!!!

Jen Adcock said...

No wait, did you just impress the fun foam? That is a brilliant idea! It looks so fantastic! Wow! Gosh you are so amazingly clever. You have no idea how happy I am that you are back in your craft room. Karen, you are in the zone!

Renee said...

Love those little squares!
Totally adorable!

Rebecca said...

Those squares do look like denim! Love it.

Lorraine said...

Very clever idea for using the foam! It does look like denim - so cool!

Terri said...

Great idea, Love how it looks. i am going to have to give that a try now too. Thanks for the inpiration!

Anne B said...

What a fantastic idea. Love the textured denim look :)

Emily said...

How smart to texturize your foam! Awesome!