Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, Son!

     I'm finally back in my craft room after more than 2 weeks away!! We flew into San Francisco on September 8th and then "sailed away" on the Sea Princess for a 10 day Alaskan cruise. Once back in San Francisco we toured this fascinating city - and also visited Napa and Sonoma Valleys for some wine tasting delights!

 STAR BIRTHDAY! 
It was my younger son's birthday yesterday and these are the two cards I made for him - one from DH and me and the other from his older brother.  
I made my own background paper by using PTI's Star Prints on the top and and Distressed Stripes on the bottom portion of the card front with a purple and green colour combo!! 


The Spiral Notebook Page Die was stamped with the lined page from School Time and then sentiments from Star Prints and Fly Away were added. I "tucked" this into the Library Pocket Die and then added the rest of the details - faux stitching with a gel pen, a stamped and cut star, a sentiment and the small Stamping Bella white Dot.The circle of purple card stock was added to the top left hand corner in order to highlight the white 'star' button that has been tied with purple ribbon.

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Star Prints, Distressed Stripes, School Time, Fly Away
 Inks: CTMH Clover Meadows,  SU Lovely Lilac.
Card stock: Recollections
Other: PTI Sprial Notebook Page Die, Library Pocket Die, Stamping Bella Dot, button, ribbon, white gel pen.


 SURF'S UP ........ 
Ian lives and works in Halifax Nova Scotia on the east coast of Canada. When he first moved there he started surfing - - -  I still can't believe that he surfs all year long - - - even in the coldest wintery months!! This card certainly celebrates his adventurous spirit. 

Stampin' Up  "Extreme Surfer" and "Surf's Up" were used for the front image and sentiment. After stamping the image I added a fine glitter to the 'waves" under the surfer. The red saddle stitched ribbon and Stamping Bella 'dots' add some colour to the front of the card. I also used a button and some embroidery floss from my stash.
     

On the inside of the card I used PTI's Just the Ticket stamps and border die leaving a space on the right side for his brother to add a comment. The lower section looked a little 'bare' so I added the wave stamp from Surf's Up and matted it with the Ocean colour.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU Extreme Surfer, Surf's Up, PTI Just the Ticket
 Inks: CTMH Holiday Red, Ocean
Paper: K & Company, Brazill card stock
Other:  PTI Just the Ticket border Die, circle punch, corner rounder punch,Stamping Bella Dot, button, Dots & Dashes ribbon, embroidery floss, DecoArt Glamour Dust, glue pen, white gel pen.

1 comment:

BethieJ said...

Karen your trip sounds FABULOUS!! Happy Birthday to your DS.. and both his cards turned out FANTASTIC! Love the color combos on both!