Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Thursday, September 2, 2010

Baby Flower Power

     Happy Thursday to everyone!  I have a couple of cute cards today using Itzie Inkies Flower Power from C.C. Designs. Our local scrapbook store DAT'S has started carrying a number of stamp lines, so it's always fun to see what's new when I go in shopping!! I couldn't resist this image - several of my nieces and nephew are having babies and I knew it would see lots of ink!!
     I mentioned earlier that one of my nieces had her first - a little boy - in early August. She and her husband didn't want to know the baby's gender, so it was a surprise to all!  I wanted to be ready for the big day, so I made 2 cards for them - one for a boy and one for a girl. Here's the one I gave to the new parents of sweet little Nathan.


And here's the one I still have!!   Another niece is expecting her second child in December (it's a girl) so I have a card ready to pop in the mail!! 

      I started with a pastel plaid background paper that has greens, blues, pinks and yellows for both cards and just varied the colours for the card stock and the embellishments. I used this same pastel plaid for a retirement card I made for a friend (using PTI's Up, Up & Away). It's amazing how much mileage I'm getting out of this paper pack!

     I stamped and coloured the little monkey and flower with my copics and then cut it out with nestabilities. I then stamped, coloured and cut out the large daisy so I could pop it up on dimensionals. The little 'bug'  has glitter wings - I used a glue pen and DecoArt Glamour Dust for some sparkle! I also added a touch of sparkle on the daisy centers with some Stickles. 

      I found this sentiment on the internet and printed it out in a matching colour before cutting it and a coordinating mat with one of my nestabilities.


Card Details:
 Stamps: C.C. Designs Itzie Inkies Flower Power; Clear Dollar Stamp - sentiment; Stampin'Up Love Bug
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black; SU Pixie Pink; CTMH Garden Green, Blue 
Papers: SU; papers from my stash!
Other Supplies: Copic markers; Nestabilities; DecoArt Glamour Dust; glue pen; pearls; ribbons; circle punches; markers; Stickles.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Karen, what a cutie of a monkey! Love the sentiment too!